In celebration of Canada’s 150th birthday, I am going to write 150 brand new stories for my Summer Story Challenge 2017. We have a beautiful country from coast to coast with beautiful hearts and minds. I want to give back to Canada by what it has given me, life, freedom, choice and dignity. I am proud to be Canadian and I want Canada to be proud of my accomplishments this summer. The Summer Story Challenge will start on the first day of summer, which is June 20, 2017. Details of the challenge are listed below.
- I have a brand new group of characters that I will be writing about. They are going to be part of the Farmer Fred owns a 100 acre farm in Calgary, Alberta, Canada. He decided that instead of raising cattle he was going to grow his own vegetables instead. He was looking forward watching his fresh veggies grow. One night Farmer Fred went to bed early and it poured rain. The next morning all his vegetables had arms, legs and were able to talk. The Fresh Veggie Family consists of Christopher Corn, Olive and Oliver Onion, Mrs. Tomato, Calvin Carrot and Cameron Cauliflower. of characters that I will be creating. The Fresh Veggie Family will consist of Cameron Cauliflower is part of the Fresh Veggie family. He is very caring. If someone needs a shoulder to cry on he is there. Cameron loves to dance., Christopher Corn is part of the Fresh Veggie family. I created him in honour of Chris Cornell. Christopher Corn has a very calm attitude. He can walk into a heated argument and the sound of his voice is calming. He experiments with different instruments and is the lead singer of the new rock band, "Loud Garden". Christopher's favourite instrument is the guitar., Calvin Carrot is part of the Fresh Veggie family. He has a carefree attitude and he likes to give people advice. He doesn't care what others think of him. He likes to play the drums., Olive and Oliver Onion is part of the Fresh Veggie family. He is married to Olive Onion. Oliver loves to write poetry and just like his wife, he is open and honest. and Mrs. Tomato is part of the Fresh Veggie family. She believes she was married in a previous life. She is very tender. She is afraid to say no. She plays the harp and tambourine and she also does some singing.. I will write 50 stories based on the Fresh Veggie family of characters.
- I will write 50 stories based on a new character, Beatrice Bee is a worker bee that was fired from her job and banished from her hive by Queen Bee because she liked to fool around too much. She finds Bed Tyme Tales Storyland and decides to make that her new home.. Beatrice Bee is a worker bee that was fired from her job and banished from her hive by Queen Bee because she liked to fool around too much. She finds Bed Tyme Tales Storyland and decides to make that her new home. is going to visit many of my already existing characters and do what bees do best, drive everyone crazy.
- I will write 50 stories based on my existing Bed Tyme Tales Storyland characters.
LIST OF SUMMER STORY CHALLENGE STORIES 2017
- September 21, 2017 – Wow! I actually finished the Summer Story Challenge 2017 on time!!! There are now 150 brand new summer stories on the Bed Tyme Tales Storyland website. I am happy this challenge is over. It was a lot of work but I feel good having completed it. This has been a very rough summer for me personally. I am going through a bunch of health issues. There were times I wanted to quit the challenge but that would have been the easy way out. I am glad I persevered and kept going. I do hope that everyone enjoys my stories.
- August 21, 2017 – There are now 100 brand new stories posted for the Summer Story Challenge 2017. I am right on target for this challenge. There is one month left of summer and I have 50 summer stories left to write.
- August 14, 2017 – I now have 90 stories posted for the Summer Story Challenge 2017.
- August 5, 2017 – I am half way through the Summer Story Challenge 2017. 75 brand new summer stories have been posted. 75 more to go!
- August 1, 2017 – I now have 70 stories posted for the Summer Story Challenge 2017.
- July 26, 2017 – I now have 62 stories posted for the Summer Story Challenge 2017.
- July 22, 2017 – I now have 50 stories posted and I have half of the Fresh Veggie Family stories completed for the Summer Story Challenge 2017.
- July 18, 2017 – There are 40 stories posted for the Summer Story Challenge 2017.
- June 28, 2017 – There are now 20 stories posted for the Summer Story Challenge 2017.
- June 5, 2017 – If you notice the name of the character Christopher Corn and think that it does sound a lot like Chris Cornell, you are 100% correct. I have been working on the Fresh Veggie characters just before Chris’ death and because his death has been so hard on me, I have decided to dedicate one of my characters to Chris.
- June 2, 2017 – I have started writing and posting stories for the Summer Story Challenge 2017! I hope you enjoy reading the 150 stories I am writing for this challenge!
- June 2, 2017 – The Father’s Day Story Challenge 2017 is now complete and the Summer Story Challenge 2017 is supposed to begin on June 20, 2017. However, 18 days for not posting any stories to my website is going to drive me insane so I am going to start the Summer Story Challenge 2017 early. I will start posting brand new summer stories very soon.